The Santa Sack Swap will run for 6 months from June until December each year. If you want to join in please stop by here again OR visit Gone' Stitchin' at http://stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.com.au on JUNE 1st each year to sign up. It's a lot of FuN.. so why not sign up, make a new friend and have a sack full of goodies to open in December. How much FuN would ThAt be!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Let's BeGiN



Time has finally rolled around again this year to get the Santa Sack/Stocking Swap up and running.
You will notice (swappers from last year that is) that I've added the word "stocking" in there. As some of you will join up again I thought this would give you some variety. Of course like last year, some swappers will opt for bags so of course talk to your new 2012 partner to see what she would prefer.
I've also noted that some like to send ALL gifts at the one time... but please let your partner know of your preferences with this... and if you do this... please register the parcel! You would be heart broken if all your time and effort went astray!

I won't be sending out questionnaires this year either, so it may be an idea when you say hello to your 2012 partner you included a few details in the email to her. Such as... do you prefer a country, modern, traditional or bright Christmas?  What is your favourite colour or two... A colour you prefer NOT to receive... Other hobbies... you know, things like that. Partners will of course "stalk" one another's blog... but sometimes a list makes it easier.

THIS YEAR I will only accept names of crafters wanting to join in... on this blog post ONLY. It is such a nightmare to keep track of who is playing if they are not altogether. As some of you know I do have other swaps on the go at the same time... and I need all the help I can get...grin! I would hate to miss someone if I can help it. However it MUST be said, I am limiting the number of swappers this year too. It will be first in first placed. If I have an odd number,sorry but the last entry will be the unlucky member. I will always place people from the same country together. If you haven't been in one of my swaps before make sure I can contact you. I will need your name, postal address, email and blog address.

I will get partners names and details out to all swappers asap. I foresee the swap starting no later than June 1st so that you have at least one month to make the sack/stocking/bag and 2 gifts and be ready to mail on July 1st.

This year, please become a follower of THIS blog as I will post all relevant news, pics and stories throughout this 6 month period here. I would like to show lots of pic's of gifts (anonymously of course)... and...  how wonderful would it be to see YOUR sack/stocking on here too!
I think this will add loads of interest and encouragement. Perhaps even an idea or two could be added...ooooh so exciting!
I'll add YOUR name to the sidebar... that way we can visit each other too.

NOW LETS GET STARTED !!!


52 comments:

  1. Wooo Hooo Count me in,I hoped this would be posted early so I wouldn't miss out signing up as I wont be home till after nine tonight due to a staff meeting straight after work.Please,please,please put my name on your list,I'm already a follower :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please let me play along :o) I watched last year and am looking forward to playing this year. Hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryll, love to be part of the Secret Santa Swap....it will be a first for me...Hugs, O'faigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to join!
    Dara.english@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to join as well...

    caciecarrillo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cheryll.... I'd like to join in again this year... thanks...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been waiting and waiting for this one, please, please let me be in it, I will be a "good" and "nice" swap partner, not "naughty", I promise, giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to join if there is room for me in your swap
    Sounds like a lot of fun and its always nice to meet someone new

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes please me this year .Hi Retdairyqueen we are swapping together at the moment in a colour swap.:)

    sign me up i love christmas .great idea to do it here so u can keep track.
    hugs
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looked like so much fun last year, I would love to join if possible. (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Had so much fun last year that I have to join in again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to join again this year. It was suxch a fun swap

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Cheryll - I would so much love to join this swap - have only just got into swapping this year, so didn't particpate in your swap last year, but love christmas and would so much love to be a part of it. My email address is cheryl_mick@hotmail.com. thankyou cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cheryll,
    I had a lot of fun with this last year, so I will join in again too!
    Cheers,
    Ngaire

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a fun swap. I am happy to join in again.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am definately interested in this yrs swap - had a lovely time last year and a great partner.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes please, Id love to join in, I just missed out on all the fun last year as I discovered it all about a week too late :o)
    Hugs. Peta xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to join in..Read about it last week and it sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had so much fun last year that I want to enter again this year, can't wait to meet my new partner.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'd love to join the swap, it sounds like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Cheryll, I watched everyone play last year and wished I was part of the fun so please sign me up for this year. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Oh Oh! Cheryll, please tell me you're not full yet!! I watched this swap from the sidelines last year and would really love to 'play' this year ... I promise to be a GREAT partner, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Cheryll, this definitley sounds like the swap for me - please count me in. My brain is teeming with ideas for gifts already!

    hugs, Kaye

    http://kittenstitching.blogspot.com
    KayeDeP@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Cheryll, I would love to join the swap. I am keen to join, I am new this year.
    So excited as I loooove xmas parcels...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Cheryll,

    I would love to join this year please. I can already picture some things I want to gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Cheryll,

    PULLLLEEEEEZ put me in for this swap, I had so much fun last year...and can see where I have to lift my game for this year....so look out whoever my partner is!

    Hope I haven't become the odd "Aussie" out...that would suck BIG time!

    Hugs
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would love to be a part of the group this year. I've had Christmas on my mind. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yes please, sign me up i had so much fun last year...if possible i would love to be swapping with another aussie..

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Cheryll, my very good friend Naomi is so excited about this swap I can't help but be excited too! My email address is lauren.colless@y7mail.com - I will email you my other details :) Happy sewing everyone x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Cheryll.
    Wow you blogged this today and already you have 28!
    Huge response, Please do count me in. I have been looking forward to this one.

    Hugs
    Raelene
    raelenesramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. if u have a canadian in the swap i'd like to be in, i do have a question though so if i want to send everything in one fell swoop do i do that for july 1st or december 1st? and do i do a bag/stocking or whatever for july through to dec 1st and would that include dec first and are the gifts handmade only or may they be purchased?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi been waiting for this swap,hope I am not to late.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Cheryll, Please sign me up for the swap really looking forward to it. Can't wait! I'm a newbee to the swap this year. Happy Stitchin xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. I would love to join this swap, it sounds like alot of fun.
    Huggs,
    Cleary K.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Cheryl, Please sign me up for this years swap. I have been looking forward to this swap since last years swap. I had such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Cheryl, I would love to participate in the Santa swap. I had a lot of fun last time.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I would love to participate! I watched this last year and it looked like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I would love to "play" again this year. Last year was great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi cheryl, I would love to join in again this year. It was so much fun doing it last year. Thank you. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  40. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I would love to join in the fun if you have room.

    Hugs - Fee X

    ReplyDelete
  42. I would love to join this swap! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I would love to join in too if there is still space. Will email you my details

    ReplyDelete
  44. Count me in again this year Cheryll. I really enjoyed playing along last year.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi I am new this year and would love to participate

    ReplyDelete
  46. I thought I posted on here earlier, but can't seem to find my comment so I'll have another go. Would love to join in again this year, but still no blog, hope that is ok.
    lyn.robyn.smith@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I would love to join in this swap .... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Cheryl,
    Hope l am not to late to join in on the fun. I am new to the swap and live in Australia and would like to post to the same.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hy Cheryll, at first I thought I wouldn't do it but... I couldn't get it out of my mind. I love swaps . I would love to join in again this year.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  50. I would love to join in again this year ...happy to post overseas.
    hugs Laurie

    ReplyDelete